Vembu is a well known provider of software products and cloud services to small and medium businesses.
In this post I want to introduce Vembu VMBackup, a Backup and Disaster Recovery software for vSphere and Hyper-V virtual environments, part of Vembu BDR Suite.
Vembu VMBackup is designed to execute backups, replicas, backups verification, and granular restores, just to mention some features, ensuring low values (less than 15 minutes) for both the recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO).
- Agentless VMware and Hyper-v Backup
- VMware Hot-Add and SAN transport mode
- CBT enabled VMware and Hyper-V incremental backups
- Application-aware VM Backups
- Retention Policies
- Compression & Encryption
- Automated Backup Verification
- OffsiteDR for Data Redundancy and Disaster Recovery
- Agentless VM Replication
- Failover and Failback
- Network and IP remapping
- Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange and Sharepoint
- Efficient Storage Management
- Scale-out Repositories
- Vembu BDR Backup Server, a Windows/Linux based server machine that acts as management server and proxy server
- Storage Repository, the destination of the backed-up data
- Backup Proxy, installed on the source system and responsible to process backup data
- OffsiteDR server, a Windows/Linux based server that maintains an offsite copy of server data
- CloudDR, a cloud based disaster recovery server that maintains an offsite copy (Vembu Cloud) of backup server data
- Universal Explorer, specific recovery tools that lets users to granularly recover data from the various Microsoft application
- vSphere: 6.x, 5.x, 4.x
- vCenter: 6.x, 5.x, 4.x
- ESXi: 6.x, 5.x, 4.x
- Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V 2016
- Windows Server Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Windows Server Hyper-V 2012
- Windows Server Hyper-V 2008 R2
Supported operating systems for Vembu BDR Backup Server/Offsite BDR Server:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012/R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS/14.04 LTS/12.04 LTS
Supported operating systems for Vembu VMBackup Client;
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012/R2
- Windows Server 2008 (x64)/R2
- Windows 7 (x64)
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 (x64)
Supported storage devices:
- Local drives
- NAS Share (NFS and CiFS)
- SAN (iSCSI and FC)
- TCP Port 32004: processing Backup/Restore/Delete/Replication requests
- HTTP Port 6060, 6061: processing WebService requests
- TCP Port 32005: UI Communication
- HTTPS TCP 443: ESXi Communication
- TCP Port 902: data transfer to ESXi host
Based on their needs, customers can choose from simple or distributed and from on-premise or hybrid deployments.
In small environments a single Vembu BDR Backup Server can handle all the backup activities, acting at the same time as management and proxy server.
In more complex scenarios, the backup infrastructure can be expanded deploying backup proxies to spread backup loads.
Furthermore customers can send data to their own disaster recovery sites or take advantage of the Vembu Cloud, a service deployed on Amazon Web Services across all continents.
Vembu Blog Series: